What is MOST amazing about Apple's new iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stealthipad, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

AMAZING is the fact that we are one day out from the big announcement and they have managed to keep the new iPad's specs a secret! Sure there were rumors but nothing concrete!

No other maker of such hardware could ever do so well on keeping things under cover and Apple has managed to pull it off!

I guess it "pays" to keep the people that assemble the iPad and iPhone under lock and key! There is no way they could keep such a much anticipated new device under wraps if it were built in the USA, no way!

Congrats Apple!:apple:

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Where have you been? There have been as many pics and leaks as with the first 2 iPads, if not more.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

specs a secret? There have been countless rumors/leaks

4. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Tell me: what is the processor like, what architecture, what clockspeeds, how many cores? What is the GPU like? What series? What is the camera like? FaceTime HD?

Only the design and retina display seems certain.

5. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

All I keep wondering is, where are the usual Best Buy/ Radio Shack/ At&t inventory screen shots that always seems to surface a day or two before new launches. I haven't seen a single one this time.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

As I said, there have been countless rumors. All you need to due is watch forum spy for when they arrive

From just glancing now, which is built off of past rumors
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14438909&postcount=1

7. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Rumors/leaks?

FACTS cold hard FACTS! Have you people forgot what a fact is. Guess as this is called MacRumors, you are believing everything you hear!

I do agree with you that there have been MANY "Rumor/leaks" :p

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

there are never facts until it is announced. everything is open to speculation for every release until they unveil it.

9. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Been right here just like you. Please post the URL in this forum where a real image of the iPad 3 is shown. Show me some secret Apple document giving us concrete specs.

You been listening to the rumors so long you forgot what a FACT really is!:mad:

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Rumors are rumors until it is officially presented. Until it is presented, there are no facts

Doesn't mean the rumors are necessarily wrong.

11. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

How many other electronics makers of such "desired" hardware could do the same? I say that Apple aced it!

----------

Sounds like you are "backing up" a little.

There is a big difference in Rumors and real FACTS!:p

12. Carouser macrumors 65816

No kidding. This thread amounts to "Apple hasn't announced the iPad 3 details before they've announced the iPad 3 details".

13. imbogus1 macrumors newbie

imbogus1

14. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

And I'll say, save for a lost iPhone in a bar 2 years ago, this is no more or less sucessful than any prior iProduct release.

15. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

No one what the spec's are of the iPad3 and anyone who claims to is full of shiate.

16. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

This is how desperate threads get the night before a keynote...What's AMAZING is your ability to make me ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Facetime HD will be good.

The current cameras mean video is rubbish.

18. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

The Apple designed stylus Apple will release with it. It will be pressure sensitive and work through the iPad 3's Bluetooth 4.0

19. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

I'm actually more excited to see the website design than I am to see the actual iPad. I like new information.

20. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Just like every other big hardware announcement ever made. List one time where facts were revealed about something, that weren't just rumors/leaks. If, as you say, pictures and specs don't count, then when has a "fact" ever been known before release? Only time I can think of is the iPhone 4...

21. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You prove my point.:)

Problem here is that most the members here can not tell the difference between rumors and fact!:p

If you believe what this forums says we would ALL be using the iPhone 5 right now! That was a bad joke on a lot of us!

22. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Is the thread title a question? If so, the most amazing thing so far is that there is already this crazy amount of excitement and discussion about a product Apple have yet to officially acknowledge :eek:

23. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Isn't this the whole point of the thread?

Well done Apple for keeping the ACTUAL specs a secret etc.

This thread has instantly turned weird

24. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Haha not quite mate, we've seen the front and rear shell of one as well as an actual display which confirmed the main feature, the retina display. We also know we'll be getting better cameras, because well it simply can't get much worse, but also because the camera slot is larger.

More RAM is a given due to the four times increase in resolution, so we'll definitely see 1GB. More powerful graphics will be required, so we're looking at an SGX543MP4-8.

And we know they've got an A5X and A6 in the works, so it's either a dual-core or a quad-core. Although architecture we're not so sure on, but A9 is pretty likely.

25. Stealthipad, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Well Mate, we also saw :pparts:p from the iPhone 5 not too long ago, just before the gave us the 4S!:cool: