What is others..??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daluvgurushine, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Daluvgurushine macrumors newbie

Hey anybody can help me. I wanna know what is others in my iPhone memory and how i can delete that stuff? I have deleted all the messages and voicemails etc.? Now still 952 mb of others memory is still left in my phone. Please help.:(:(

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

System software, mail, SMS, iMessage, etc. But you did delete the last two, so not sure.

3. Daluvgurushine thread starter macrumors newbie

system software is stored in reserved memory buddy.. :)

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

What I mean is the apps, as in the data for the apps. Calendar entries, safari data, notes, etc. Anything else that doesn't fit into the categories that that has been laid out. This has been discussed on here many times and also on Apple's discussion forums.

5. Daluvgurushine thread starter macrumors newbie

tx a lot buddy fr this information. But have there any procedure to delete it.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes, restore your phone as new, don't download apps or send messages or take pictures or do anything with your phone.

In other words, if you use your phone, there will always be content in "Other."

7. Daluvgurushine thread starter macrumors newbie

sir i have already done that. is there a method or any software through which i could clean that data..!! :)

8. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

I've noticed that sometimes iTunes places books synced from iTunes in the others section and sometimes it creates its own section. Not to sure why...

9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

No, you cannot "clean that data." That data comes from doing anything with the phone. Once you start using apps, sending messages, taking photos, etc., that data will add up. The only way to keep it from accumulating is to literally do nothing with your phone.

Every single iPhone/iPad user will have data in "Other" unless they restore the phone, and let it sit in a drawer.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11