Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home

In this Dell ad, what is that over her shoulder?
Perhaps it is something else, but it looks a lot like an Apple Cinema Display....:D
(to see details click on the photo)

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I think it does look like an Apple Cinema Display, though it's not one of the newest models. Either that, or the top of an iMac G4...

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
iMac G4? I looked at it and saw the clear plastic border around the white plastic, looked up at my iMac G4, and it looked close enough for me to consider it.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
Warbrain said:
iMac G4? I looked at it and saw the clear plastic border around the white plastic, looked up at my iMac G4, and it looked close enough for me to consider it.

Same for me - I can't be sure it is an Apple product, but for an advert that claims the company pictured has "one technology partner, Dell" - it seems silly they didn;t consider the appearance of this.... Silly marketing kids.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Yes, it's definitely an iMac G4. I keep on looking at it and I think I've determined that the screen is pulled forward towards the user, almost like the screen is hovering over the keyboard in front of the computer.

stoid

macrumors 601
It's one of these:

look below it, you can clearly see the clear curved stand of the monitor.

Attachments

• ref_17display.jpg
    ref_17display.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 60

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
I thought there was one of those few-years-old apple speakers that were little balls of clear plastic under the screen, as well. but it might be the base of the apple crt posted above.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Hmmm, okay...

- what ad?
- what shoulder?
- what display?
- what photo?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

(see attached screen grab of original post)

You people are playing games with me!

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
stoid said:
It's one of these:

look below it, you can clearly see the clear curved stand of the monitor.
He's right. There's no way that's an iMac G4. The white plastic on the outside is almost 2 times wider then my iMacs and you can clearly tell by the stand it's not an iMac. It's one of the older Apple displays.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Jaffa Cake said:
The ad shows up fine for me, dcv – try this.

Hmmmm okay... that appears to be blank too :eek: - in Safari. I thought you'd sent me a blank photo as a joke :p

So tried it in Firefox and it works, I even see the OP's pic

what gives? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway... it does look a little like the older Apple displays. Either that or she's just come back from a hen party and forgotten to remove her (albeit rather angled) angel wings :rolleyes: :p

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
dcv said:
Hmmmm okay... that appears to be blank too :eek: - in Safari. I thought you'd sent me a blank photo as a joke :p

So tried it in Firefox and it works, I even see the OP's pic

what gives? :confused: :confused: :confused:

same for me

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Do you guys have any ad blocking extensions in Safari that would be picking this up? It's got the word "advert" in the URL, so it might be getting filtered. I see it just fine on Safari.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
WildCowboy said:
Do you guys have any ad blocking extensions in Safari that would be picking this up? It's got the word "advert" in the URL, so it might be getting filtered. I see it just fine on Safari.

Ahh yes, it's that style sheet thingy, just quickly turned it off in Safari prefs and then I saw the linked pictures. Cheers for that, thought I was going mad!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.