What is peoples problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acfusion29, Mar 18, 2009.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

So yesterday, of course, 3.0 was released. Everyone was excited for the new additions to the iPhone (MMS, Copy/Paste, etc.).

Then we had a lot of forum users, as well as Engadget, Gizmodo and a few other blogs, post screenshots of the new OS. Almost in every thread, I saw one person say "NDA" or "looks like Engadget is getting sued".

Why does it concern you people? Are YOU going to be punished for what they do? No. We all know YOU want to see pictures/videos of the OS just as much as everyone else, so shut up about it and be greatful that someone is doing everyone a favour.

Now today, I go on the forum and I see people giving people the opportunity to download the 3.0 beta legally by adding their iPhone to the account, and people have nothing better to do than post "someone's going to have a lawsuit", or whatnot. If people want to share their account, again.. why does it concern you?

Sorry just needed to get this off my chest. :p

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Some people need to criticize and tell others they're wrong to feel better about themselves. It's nothing new.

Especially around here.

3. detz macrumors 65816

If people are breaking the law it's usually a good idea to at least let them know they are. A lot of people have no idea and Apple has been know to actively go after these people because it hurts their intellectual property. Also, by posting on this forum these people who are breaking the law are actually putting the forum at risk and none of us want to see something happen to the forum do we?

Oh, and they're are not legally distributing the 3.0 OS if they are breaking the terms and conditions they agreed to when they downloaded it. ;-)

4. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

How is adding someone to your own Dev Account illegal? For all we know, these people could be helping the developer with apps, even if it's telling him the colour of his buttons are wrong while using the simulator :p

btw. I'm not a developer, so I can't read the NDA, but does it cover not allowing screen shots to be posted? Or are you not allowed to tell me because there's another NDA telling me you can't share the original NDA?

5. detz macrumors 65816

You're talking about Apple here, one of the largest and most successful companies, they have wording in there that they own your first child for downloading their software.*

You're not allowed to even tell people you have the 3.0 OS or SDK, that's against their terms. They are very strict and very hard-handing to people who break their terms. This is why Apple keeps secrets for so long.

Giving out the OS to your developers is fine, giving it out or charging random people on a forum to get access to it is not.

*Not really, but you get the point.

6. wil49 macrumors member

The beta is for actual real developers, who develop actual apps. Why would you even want a phone which you pay a contract or PAYG account for, to have limited function and no apps even designed for it?

7. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Alright fair enough, but I did not say anything about the people wanting to charge to add them to the account, I think that's more illegal than anything else because your trying to profit over something that you didn't even make.

8. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

You think that its LEGAL to add 100 people to your dev account just because?? And you posed the question "How would I know they aren't telling him the color of his button is wrong"

Well, you might not, but I would bet that ANY developer who ads more that 20 iphones to his dev. account is going to get looked at. Apple wouldn't just give away 100 copies of their software to each dev. before the initial release without checking into the actual use of those 100 phones on ANY dev. account. They WILL know that 80 out of those 100 phones on that dev's account are NOT being used for testing the app.. HOW? well, i can bet that MOST of them wont even download whatever app (if any) that this dev. is creating. And if then an even FEWER number of those people will stay in contact with the dev. regarding the creation of the app.

So out of the 100 STRANGERS this guy gives the 3.0 to, about 20 MAX might officially meet the standards of a dev's tester.. And giving the software to just ONE person who is not officially working for the company in some aspect is ILLEGAL under apple's terms.

So yea, people love to point it out. Maybe its because it makes them feel better, maybe its because they want to make sure that the person in question UNDERSTANDS how illegal.. or maybe they just like to point and laugh at the village idiot as he gets sued for everything he's got from Apple. It is rather FUN to do.

9. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

I love this place for info, but yeah dude seriously, there's the moral police on here. Annoys me too. ****em.

10. detz macrumors 65816

It's not a morality issue, it's an 100% legal issue. :rolleyes:

11. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

example one.

12. wil49 macrumors member

I love this place for people who want to brick their iPhone just because of greed and people who dont read contracts when they sign them.

13. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Amen.

R-Fly

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

++ This

15. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

You know WHY a lot of people get ticked when they see that you are asking for help because you bricked your iphone whilte trying to steal apps, or that one of your apps wont work that you got from a torrent and you want US to help you.. or why people get pissed when people say "Oh bring it to apple and use such and such alie to get yourself a free phone".... you want to know WHY people get pissed when you abuse ANY system...

because the people who FOLLOW the system and do the right thing are the ones who get screwed because of YOUR greed..

When you bring your phone back for some stupid cosmetic issue that you KNOW was no fault of apples.. guess what happens. i PUSHES the costs of ALL of the iphones up. They means that EVERY iphone is priced to attend to you ass munched for being obsessive over a scratch that YOU CAUSED!

And the apps stealing. Yea, again.. MOST of the people on here are some type of developer, artist, and designer. Thats who MOSTLY uses macs (although now all teenage tools want to have a mac to make their fun youtube video blogs or to just say they have one) And those tools are the ones who steal apps and things that people spent a LONG TIME working on.

By downloading an app for free and then complaining possible DIRECTLY to the person whom you stole it from, or the friends of the person you stole it from.. you're GOING to get it from them.

When you do something wrong, and it doesnt work as planned, NO ONE wants to hear you complain about it. and thats that

16. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Yes, before you can even download the 3.0 stuff you must read the TOS and agree to them, and it explicitly states you are not allowed to post screenshots.

17. efice32 macrumors 6502

the first rule of the NDA is don't talk about the NDA

;)

18. seand1111 macrumors regular

I agree.....Good info here, but some people need to get off their high horse....

19. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816