What is Rosetta and HOW do I get it!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by help-me, Jun 2, 2011.

1. help-me macrumors newbie

Help me plz!
    i'm revising for my GCSEs but the program I have requires 'Rosetta', this has happened before with other programs to on mac. PLZ reply ASAP!
    Cheers,
    Tom:confused::eek::apple:

2. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

On snow leopard, if you try to run a program that needs rosetta and you don't have it installed, the OS will ask if you want to install it then download it and install and you can continue.

I'm going to miss Rosetta in Leopard! I still have a 2 things that need Rosetta.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You can also install Rosetta off your 10.6 install DVD. Here's the help article for reference.

5. help-me thread starter macrumors newbie

Sad face

But is says to follow link in Rosetta dialog, but there is no link?????? :mad:

6. help-me thread starter macrumors newbie

???

What leopard installation disk or applications??

7. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Rosetta is a PPC (PowerPC) program emulator for OS X. It is available on your OS X install DVD. I think there also may be a web download provided by Apple when you attempt to run a PPC program.

8. old-wiz macrumors G3

When I tried to run a PPC program on a new 13" MBP last month, it asked if I wanted to installRosetta then when I said yes it did a web download from Apple and installed it. As long as you're connected to the net you don't need the install DVD.