Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feriicko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
Hello, I have macbook air 2013 with Haswell processor and Mavericks. My problem is process with name RunOuc, which takes a lot of free processor power - around 30%. It is warming my macbook Air to 85 degrees. I didnt find anything about this process. Can you help me? How can i rid of it. It turns on randomly and the only thing that helps is restarting. Sorry for my bad english.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You can check the following locations for apps that automatically launch on startup and delete any you don't need/want:
  • System Preferences > Users & Groups > yourusername > Login Items (SL and older: System Preferences > Accounts > yourusername > Login Items)
  • In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > /Library/LaunchAgents
  • In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/LaunchAgents
  • In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > /Library/StartupItems
After you delete items from the list, restart your Mac and those processes should not be running.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hello, I have macbook air 2013 with Haswell processor and Mavericks. My problem is process with name RunOuc, which takes a lot of free processor power - around 30%. It is warming my macbook Air to 85 degrees. I didnt find anything about this process. Can you help me? How can i rid of it. It turns on randomly and the only thing that helps is restarting. Sorry for my bad english.

Are you using a Huawei modem? I believe it uses a driver at the below location that spawns that RunOuc process. You will need to remove the StartOuc startup item then restart to kill it. Of course the modem won't work then.

Code:
/Library/StartupItems/StartOuc

feriicko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
You can check the following locations for apps that automatically launch on startup and delete any you don't need/want:
  • System Preferences > Users & Groups > yourusername > Login Items (SL and older: System Preferences > Accounts > yourusername > Login Items)
After you delete items from the list, restart your Mac and those processes should not be running.

Ok, so i tried your guide and i think it works. I found an RunOuc file and deleted it. So far so good. Thank you.

----------

Are you using a Huawei modem? I believe it uses a driver at the below location that spawns that RunOuc process. You will need to remove the StartOuc startup item then restart to kill it. Of course the modem won't work then.

Code:
/Library/StartupItems/StartOuc

I don't use it anymore, but not long ago I tested Huawei LTE modem, so probably this cause my problems

Miracleslyl

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014

Thank you, problem solved.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.