What is sbsettings?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Big Ells, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Hi i'm new to jailbreaking and after doing a search on here and google i've found nothing recent explaining what sbsettings is and why its useful.

So any info would be greatly appreciated and will help me decide wether i need it or not.

Thanks

2. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Thanks, but it doesn't really explain what it is and why its good to have.

3. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

http://www.google.com

If you don't understand why it's good to have, then don't use it. Worthless thread.

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

It's right in the description, it puts toggles right on the springboard and while in other programs. It's even has screen shots for the reading impaired. It moves common settings to the springboard in a pull down menu. AKA you can turn 3g, wifi, Bluetooth, SSH on and off without going into settings. You can adjust the brightness without going into settings.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

in layman terms, when you use a swiping motion (you pick which) at the top (where your signal is) it brings down a window panel that has buttons (you can add more for other things) that turns things off/on like the above post states....

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What's an iPhone? Can someone explain what it does and how?
    Hold my hand please.

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Yes, I'll happily walk you through the process of building one from spare parts. Apparently my guide for breathing has been working for you being as your still alive..

8. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

[​IMG]

Choose.
    Copy.
    Paste in photoshop.
    Print.
    Cut.
    Put it in your hand.
    Profit.

Then lose it at a bar.

9. Claude626 macrumors 6502

Apparently... man didn't scroll down to read the package's description.

10. Black Vegeta macrumors member

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

ROFL at previous posts!
    Poor OP, I think/hope he was joking since the OP is an IT consultant according to his profile....
    [​IMG]

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

@Big Ells

Goggle can really save you from a truckload of looking foolish.

Research and reading can teach you an amazing amount. You might be surprised.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

My favorite response from this is people say there are too many threads I get confused. I came here to get it from the experts. when you get the exact same thing here right and wrong answers.

14. socco macrumors regular

Um...

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Do you really believe a Google search of SBSettings won't answer just about any question one could imagine about SBSettings.

If so, I have some swampland I'm looking to sell !

Edit: Your response got me thinking, so just for grins and giggles I Googled "SBSettings" and I got 1,190,000 results
    And guess what #3 on the list was (just as an example) SBsettings What Is It and Why Should I Get It?
    And #4 & #5 were just about the same info.

Conclusion, OP didn't look very well

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wow cool #3 is a Video for those that don't like to read!

17. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Ok perhaps it has come across wrong. What i was really after is why its useful to iphone users. Just a simple question, if you don't like it don't reply.

And yes i am an IT consultant, doesn't mean i know the ins and outs of an iphone!

Ok spoken to someone using it and get why it's useful.

Would have been nice if people could just be helpful rather than pick at a simple question wether you think it's stupid or not.

18. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

i dont think people are picking at your simple question, but your 'spoon fed' attitude to gaining information.

I believe the original reply's link had a description of the app and yet you could not understand what was useful about it...? :confused:
    at least you now know, but if it took you this long to work out maybe J'B'ing isn't for you...

19. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Sorry i was under the impression this forum was for people to help other people with personal experiences. Nothing to do with wether j'breaking is for me or not. I now have sbsettings and if I didn't want it it would bear no relevance the j'breaking.

Nothing with being spoon fed. Yes I could have found what I wanted on google after going through web sites. But I wanted to ask the biggest community what they thought in the hope of some decent and educated replys. But not only on this post but quite a few others users seem to just want to take the piss rather than ignoring it or answering the question. We would get through topics alot quicker that way.

20. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

My observation was simply that if you were having problems finding out the functions of a well known, well publicised app...
    ...was then linked to a great description of it and (with the recourse of the WWW) still couldn't work out the benefits of this app THEN jail breaking your phone will more likely cause you problems than not because you are ill equipped at information gathering.

^^you write this, but earlier you wrote...
    either you couldn't find the information or you couldn't be bothered to, and with these inconsistencies i'm guessing the latter...which is why people probably were leaving unsatisfactory replies.
    I most defiantly was not taking the piss...you simply seemed confused as to why people were not responding well to your posts and wanted to assure you it wasn't that they were picking at your simple question, it was the attitude.

21. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Think I'm backing out of this one...It's going nowhere. Help is a gift, you have to accept it for it to work.

22. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

As I'm out and about I'm not going to try quoting sections.

But you are correct I do seem to contradict myself. Obviously I'm not great at getting my point across. As stated before I was after user experience, not a site saying it does this this and this! Great but why's that beneficial?

I was refferung to you takin the piss. I actually get where you coming from. All I was saying is surely it would be easier to answer than to try and take the piss. But each to there own.

Now I feel we may have gone off topic but here but never the less we can agree to disagree and get on with it.

I do actually have it installed thanks to a users info. So this post can be deleted or left to fall by the way side.