What is SMBClient/aosnotifyd and who are they talking to?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MatthewStorm, Jul 29, 2009.

1. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I recently reinstalled NetBarrierX and have it configured to block access to applications and the like. Now I constantly have smbclient trying to access the internet. I mean all the freaking time. Constantly brrrah brrrah brrrah. What is generating this? How can I stop it? There's also another program called aosnotifyd that's doing the same thing. This is some chat client? I don't use chat at all and never have and there is no chat client on my computer except iChat which I've never even opened. Any help here? Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, so aosnotifyd is a Daemon providing syncing between my Mac and MobileMe. I'm thinking smbclient is some evil Microsloth thingy.

2. douglasgoodall, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

douglasgoodall macrumors newbie

I installed the EarthNet application on my mbp and it appears that aosnotifyd is relaying all my internet traffic to china. I can't tell exactly who is doing what to whom, but with only the safari and the mail client running, there is a full-time stream of packets to china and from there relayed to the east coast of the US, I hope not to langley virginia.

When I killed the AOSNOTIFYD, the link to Lianyungang went away. I find this VERY disturbing.