Other What is "SRF" or "FRB"? ...ebay iPhone listings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benji888, Apr 24, 2018.

1. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

Hey, I'm looking into buying a used iPhone off of eBay, some listings end with "SRF" or "FRB" ...I cannot find what this means... WTF ( ;) ) do they mean? :confused:

2. fitcious macrumors member

No idea...SRF...Seriously Really Fake?

FRB- From Retail Box?

Iono

3. Givmeabrek, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018

Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

SRF - Seller Refurbished
    Usually this is SRB

FRB- Factory Refurbished

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

What’s a seller refurbished?! ‍♂️

5. benji888, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018

benji888 thread starter macrumors 68000

benji888

That's it, thanks.

...But, I seriously doubt, an eBay seller that sells "refurbished" products sells products that are actually factory refurbished, unless, of course, they mean their own "factory" :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2018 ---
    that usually means they inspected the device to make sure everything functions, and, sometimes also cleaned it up, (sometimes there might be lint or debris inside lightning ports), ...in the case of other things they might sell, they might take the battery cover off and clean the inside also. Yes, some eBay sellers actually do all of this, so that they get high feedback ratings.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2018 ---
    ...this is actually very different from Apple Certified Refurbished, if you get one of these devices, (only available on Apple's website, and a very limited number of Apple Certified Resellers), these have new batteries, new outer shell and have been professionally cleaned/polished, also come with a new Apple 1 year warranty and AppleCare can be added. I've purchased a couple Apple Certified Refurbished products and, so far, have been unable to tell any difference from a brand new device.