What is stopping people from ordering from AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Apr 20, 2008.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

All this delay crap on Apples website is a joke. I guess people don't realize they can order from the AT&T store without the activate fee like it claims it ships with...

Just pointing that out. I never realized that until now that it's the same like ordering from Apple.

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Are you using some special link for no activation fee on the iPhone? This is news to me and I just put one in the AT&T shopping cart and it says:

3. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Right. AT&T works identically to Apple. In both cases you do not incur an activation fee or monthly charge until you actually sign an AT&T contract during activation. AT&T's website is pretty clear about that, and it was discussed many times amongst the 900 or however many posts there are in the AT&T Refurbs thread....

5. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I misunderstood what you were trying to say in the first place. I thought you were trying to say that you could avoid an activation fee for an iPhone by buying it from AT&T's online store. I did that with another AT&T phone. Of course there's no activation fee when you order. You activate it later not when you order it. I think that's been stated here several hundred times in as many threads.

edit: Oops I see mkrisnan said the same thing.