What is:telephonyutilities.framework

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by vansouza, Jun 3, 2014.

1. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

What is it and why does it hang when loading in the beta of OS X 10.10.0?:confused:

Every time I reboot, it loads and the icon just bounces in the dock until it stops and Force Quit says it is hung.

Anyone know?:eek:

2. Inclimation macrumors newbie

OS X 10.10 Issue

I am having the same problem. I am also unable to restore or update my iPhone or iPad. I am not sure if this is a related issue, but I would still like to know what that framework does and why it is not working.

3. Das-Rakel macrumors newbie

...same problem here, also asking for new Java version, but unable to install.

4. vansouza thread starter macrumors 68000

vansouza

Update

I have no idea why but the telephony thingie is working now. On both my iMac and MBP that extension hung up a the first boot up and several after. Then for what ever reason both are now working. I still do not know what it does... Google has links to Android phone usage. I am in the dark.:confused:

5. mrt209 macrumors 6502

6. playmakerx macrumors member

Having the same issue here. This creepy telephonyutilities.framework appears on the dock every time after I boot my macbook, and then became unresponsive. Need to force quit it every time.

7. misterelvis macrumors newbie

Same for me with telephonyutilities.framework.

Did anyone find a fix yet?

8. knguyench macrumors member

Have anybody fixed it. I have the same prolem.

9. bobcrossley macrumors newbie

Same problem in PB2

"Every time I reboot, it loads and the icon just bounces in the dock until it stops and Force Quit says it is hung."

I have the same problem in PB 2 and can't shut down without force quitting it first.

Is it safe to delete?

10. Takuro macrumors 6502

Takuro

I wouldn't delete it. I have this same issue too until about Developer Preview 3, and it seems to have returned now.

11. garpadav macrumors newbie

telephonyutilities.framework

I'm having the same problem. Anyone have a answer on what it does and how to fix it.