what is the absolute cheapest price for the Macbook Air AppleCare 3-year plan?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by watermelonbook, Jan 31, 2014.

1. watermelonbook macrumors regular

what is the absolute cheapest price for the Macbook Air AppleCare 3-year plan?

after searching everywhere, it seems like the lowest is from a New York camera store which sells it for $163.... that's a very good discount off the $249 list price, but I just wanted to make sure there's now lower price anywhere....

thanks!

2. awair macrumors regular

B&H is the best I've found.

Used it for my last MBP, will again for my current model.

3. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

L. A. Computing has it for $170.00!

4. RCAFBrat macrumors regular

Any issues for a Canadian buying it from B&H (will lose a little on the exchange but am more concerned about unknowns like customs & duties and being able to activate it)?

Thanks

5. gpeden macrumors regular

Another thing you can do to avoid the customs/taxes is purchase from an eBay seller with lots of good ratings and get them to simply email the code and destroy the rest. I did that for my my MBP some years back. If I happen to order something from B&H this year, I will likely get one for my MBA included in the order.

Notebook warranties are worldwide, so you don't have to purchase your AppleCare in Canada.

Cheers!
    Glen

6. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

Not a good advice!

I recommend the threat discussing AppleCare from third party sellers:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=690859

In short: There is a chance that Apple comes back to you later to verify the authenticity of your AppleCare which you will have to prove with a qualified invoice or the code that is on the (physical) package.

7. gpeden macrumors regular

Good info about applecare from non-authorized resellers.

NOW, as I try to order Applecare for my MBP, I notice that B&H won't ship it to Canada anymore - it seems that Apple has created restrictions. If I was traveling to the USA before the one year is up, I would purchase it down there....

Cheers!
    Glen