Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watermelonbook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
what is the absolute cheapest price for the Macbook Air AppleCare 3-year plan?

after searching everywhere, it seems like the lowest is from a New York camera store which sells it for $163.... that's a very good discount off the $249 list price, but I just wanted to make sure there's now lower price anywhere....

thanks!

awair

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
B&H is the best I've found.

Used it for my last MBP, will again for my current model.

DesignerOnMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
what is the absolute cheapest price for the Macbook Air AppleCare 3-year plan?

after searching everywhere, it seems like the lowest is from a New York camera store which sells it for $163.... that's a very good discount off the $249 list price, but I just wanted to make sure there's now lower price anywhere....

thanks!

L. A. Computing has it for $170.00!

RCAFBrat

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2013
Montreal, QC
after searching everywhere, it seems like the lowest is from a New York camera store which sells it for $163.... that's a very good discount off the $249 list

Any issues for a Canadian buying it from B&H (will lose a little on the exchange but am more concerned about unknowns like customs & duties and being able to activate it)?

Thanks

gpeden

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2007
Another thing you can do to avoid the customs/taxes is purchase from an eBay seller with lots of good ratings and get them to simply email the code and destroy the rest. I did that for my my MBP some years back. If I happen to order something from B&H this year, I will likely get one for my MBA included in the order.

Notebook warranties are worldwide, so you don't have to purchase your AppleCare in Canada.

Cheers!
Glen

MarvinHC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Belgium
Another thing you can do to avoid the customs/taxes is purchase from an eBay seller with lots of good ratings and get them to simply email the code and destroy the rest. I did that for my my MBP some years back. If I happen to order something from B&H this year, I will likely get one for my MBA included in the order.

Notebook warranties are worldwide, so you don't have to purchase your AppleCare in Canada.

Cheers!
Glen

Not a good advice!

I recommend the threat discussing AppleCare from third party sellers:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/690859/

In short: There is a chance that Apple comes back to you later to verify the authenticity of your AppleCare which you will have to prove with a qualified invoice or the code that is on the (physical) package.

gpeden

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2007
Good info about applecare from non-authorized resellers.

NOW, as I try to order Applecare for my MBP, I notice that B&H won't ship it to Canada anymore - it seems that Apple has created restrictions. If I was traveling to the USA before the one year is up, I would purchase it down there....

Cheers!
Glen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.