What is the actual turn-in process for AT&T Next?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xrayboy, Sep 14, 2015.

1. xrayboy macrumors newbie

2. acmeplus macrumors member

Wondering the same thing, I've read conflicting information in the forums with people saying it may be possible to take it to one of the AT&T corporate stores as well as others saying you have to use the dedicated return label included in your new iPhone.

I'm inclined to bring it to an AT&T store first.

3. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Can I ask why you want to just turn in your old phone? Granted I don't know what phone you have but it might be worth more than what you owe on it, especially if it's an iPhone. In that case, pay it off, sell it and pocket the difference.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Called and spoke to someone and they said you'll receive a box to send it back in. If you don't they'll just ask you to pay off the difference on your next bill b

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

it is mail in we had to go into the store to pre order because the att site could not deal with paying off the old phone. but even then we are to mail in the old phone when we get the new.

6. acmeplus macrumors member

In my case it's simple, I'm already under the AT&T Next program, so that requires to either paid for the full amount of the phone (e.g. 20-12 months) and keep it/sale it or trade it in.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

Untitled.png
    This is what it shows me if I start the upgrade process:

8. andrewmaj macrumors regular

just had an att chat rep tell me the original box and all its contents need to be turned in. who knows if this is accurate or not

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Hopefully not! :/