Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Is that legal?

Yes, very much legal. In all of Canada, you are allowed to record if one person on the line knows of the recording (So you know you are recording the conversation, therefore it's legal). In the US, it depends on the state. The following are states where both parties have to be notified, so you have to announce that you are recording the conversation (By telling them, or having a constant beep):
California
Connecticut
Florida
Illinois
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Montana
Nevada
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Washington
The rest are one-party notification.

So yes, very much legal.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I know caller ID faker will record a conversation if you buy their credits. I've never personally used the service but I believe that it records through their server when you place the call.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
There isn't a program that will record calls on the iPhone, and there never will be. It's technically very very difficult and no developer will touch it. Your only choice is one of those programs where you call an external number first.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
^

What do you mean by one of those programs that you have to call an external number first?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.