What is the application "Big Top"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adamrl07, Feb 1, 2010.

1. adamrl07 macrumors newbie

I stumbled upon an application called Big Top on my macbook pro 13 inch earlier today. This is after I have been having problems connecting to my schools network, the IP addresses are completely incorrect and the new leases keep on giving me the wrong address...the IT guys are completely clueless as am I since I am fairly recent switcher. So is Big Top some kind of a strange virus that could be causing this. It says it is made by Apple but I know some really strange things can happen. I would really appreciate any kind of help on this entire subject matter. Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. drdunga macrumors newbie

I love these "Google is your friend" passive-aggressive responses (and by "love", I mean "hate"). It turns out that I googled "big top application" and this post was the top hit. Furthermore, none of the hits on Google's first page were relevant. So, in fact, Google is not always my friend, except -- ironically -- only because you made it so.

Thank you for the answer, but please leave out the snark.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Per the link posted above:

This makes this thread more directly useful when it shows up in a search.

B

5. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

First of all, it was kinda your friend as GGJStudios was nice enough to include a link to the answer.

Also, I have found that if you are searching google for something mac related, append "osx" or "mac" to your query and it will help google narrow down the results. I added "osx" to the end of your query and the relevant article was the 4th hit.