What is the best app to view videos through cloud services?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by east85, Jun 29, 2014.

1. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Preferably one that supports a number of video types.

2. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

nPlayer gets my vote. It handles a lot of video formats, and works with many cloud providers, as well as NAS devices and the like. I originally got it to use with my SanDisk Media Player, but it's so much better than the built-in video player I use it for everything.

3. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot. It looks like what I've been looking for. Cloudconvert has been getting me by, just want to say it's an alright service. This will be way better though.

4. Yozzer8 macrumors newbie

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have the Nplayer App, and also the Sandisk media drive (wireless), and wondered how you got it to playback the videos on the Ipad? What options in Nplayer did you use? I have tried various options but so far have failed. I have the firmware on the Sandisk wifi drive to the latest. The Sandisk App plays some but not all of my videos.
    Thanks in advance.
    Brian

5. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

No problem. As I recall, there were a lot of options in nPlayer (SMB, UPnP, WebDAV, etc.), but what works for the Media Drive is FTP. So, once your iPad is connected to the Media Drive wifi, go to into nPlayer and select Network at the bottom. From the list, select FTP. At this point, I think maybe you have to enter the URL of the Media Drive(?), or maybe you select "Scan Network"(?). The URL of the Media Drive is 192.168.11.1, and then enter the password. You should be connected at this point, and able to navigate to your folder(s).

If you have any questions, quoting my reply will help get my attention.

6. Yozzer8 macrumors newbie

Many thanks for your help, it works great, easy when you know how ;0)

7. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Great! Glad to have helped. And, yes, it's not exactly straight forward.