Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
What is the best bluetooth keyboard case for the iphone 5? I switching from a Droid to the iphone and I need a physical keyboard to write emails.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Well, nobody responded. Very typical on an iphone forum. I ended up buying the boxwave buddy. Is it the best one?

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Or maybe people find the on screen keyboard perfectly sufficient?

Yes, perfectly sufficient because they are the type of people that only respond yes, no or thank you to an email and dont really create content. They simply consume content.

themat

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2008
Manchester, UK
Yes, perfectly sufficient because they are the type of people that only respond yes, no or thank you to an email and dont really create content. They simply consume content.

Are you trolling or genuinely just an obnoxious ****?

If you're too simple to use an onscreen keyboard for emails, that's you're problem. Maybe think next time before getting in a huff because no one replied to your thread, you're not entitled to a reply - this is the Internet.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010

If you hate your iPhone so much, why don't you just switch back to that droid of yours? :rolleyes:

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I think the iphone has the best os and the device with the os makes a perfect match. But the big downside of the iphone is the lack of keyboard. I waited for years thinking that these apple guys were going to realize about it and add a keyboard but they never did. So i bought an iphone with a bluetooth keyboard and i will have to turn bluetooth on every time i will want to type just because Steve Jobs was so stubborn and probably never liked to write long paragraphs in his entire life considering he was a software engineer.

themat

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2008
Manchester, UK
I think the iphone has the best os and the device with the os makes a perfect match. But the big downside of the iphone is the lack of keyboard. I waited for years thinking that these apple guys were going to realize about it and add a keyboard but they never did. So i bought an iphone with a bluetooth keyboard and i will have to turn bluetooth on every time i will want to type just because Steve Jobs was so stubborn and probably never liked to write long paragraphs in his entire life considering he was a software engineer.

You have to be trolling now, surely?

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I am not trolling, it is my point of view and i am not trying to be disrespectfull.

mortenandersen

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Norway
I also would like to have a hardware keyboard option

The virtual on screen keyboard is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH for writing much more than a few words. I agree with hgrimberg, and I really think that calling him a "troll" etc is totally off the point, but - unfortunately - typical in this forum. Try and be more serious and do not call what I really consider sincere contributors to the forum, such negative things.

Back to the issue: I would like that the BT keyboard is not only one of the sliding kinds, but also one that is TILTABLE, so that one is able to place the combined unit (iPhone and keyboard) on a table and write when one at the same time can have a call. The important thing is that then the important natural angle between the keyboard and the screen (iPhone) is obtained.

Last edited:

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
The virtual on screen keyboard is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH for writing much more than a few words. I agree with hgrimberg, and I really think that calling him a "troll" etc is totally off the point, but - unfortunately - typical in this forum. Try and be more serious and do not call what I really consider sincere contributors to the forum, such negative things.

Back to the issue: I would like that the BT keyboard is not only one of the sliding kinds, but also one that is TILTABLE, so that one is able to place the combined unit (iPhone and keyboard) on a table and write when one at the same time can have a call. The important thing is that then the important natural angle between the keyboard and the screen (iPhone) is obtained.

Thank you for being on my side. I was actually asking about keyboard cases because I dont know why nobody came up with the idea of having a physical keyboard that can connect to the iphone via the mini usb plug instead of via bt. I am saying like the old HP phone that was coming with an attachable small keyboard. That was a great idea and so far, i looked all over the web and didnt find that invention. Does it exist and I didnt search good enough?
It will be really a bummer to have to turn on bt every time I want to type.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
If the iphone would have had a keyboard since the beginning, Blackberries would have dissapeared long ago.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
To each his own, if Apple came out with an actual keyboard on the iPhone, I wouldn't have bought it. The on screen keyboard is perfect and there's never any typo's (at least for me), so I can type all day on it. I definitely enjoy it for drunk texting, no one ever knows when I'm drunk!

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
To each his own, if Apple came out with an actual keyboard on the iPhone, I wouldn't have bought it. The on screen keyboard is perfect and there's never any typo's (at least for me), so I can type all day on it. I definitely enjoy it for drunk texting, no one ever knows when I'm drunk!

Its very good for non elocuent people. Actually you can type things like: yes, no or even thank you!

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Yes but the virtual keyboard is soow and you mame mistakes and get tired,

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Hey hgrimberg can you please post a more through review of the Boxwave? I'm also interested in a keyboard case and would like to know exactly what's so bad about this one.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
The keys are hard to press, then there is a lip or protuding border at the bottom that doesnt let you hit the keys on the last row. Overall bad quality. In any case you can type a bit faster than with the virtual keyboard. Also since the iphone 5 is so long, keys are too far awayfrom each other. I still cant find the question mark. What is supposed to place a question mark, doesnt work.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
The keys are hard to press, then there is a lip or protuding border at the bottom that doesnt let you hit the keys on the last row. Overall bad quality. In any case you can type a bit faster than with the virtual keyboard. Also since the iphone 5 is so long, keys are too far awayfrom each other. I still cant find the question mark. What is supposed to place a question mark, doesnt work.

obviously u cant just say its slow when u just got it

like any keyboard give it a few days to adjust

can u post pics of it? considering but its 71 dollars!

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
Cool post. You made me want one for my 4S! :D

Check out the MiniSuit on Amazon. Great price and reviews.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008

Did you read the reviews on amazon before you bough it? Pretty bad reviews.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.