What is the best budget bluetooth headset for iPhone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gts197, Jul 22, 2008.

1. gts197 macrumors regular

Any suggestions? I am not looking to spend a fortune here.

2. Rangerdeputy macrumors newbie

I am on my 6th bluetooth headset, I picked up the jawbone last week and I have to say out of ALL the ones I've tried the jawbone is the clearest and easiest to use.

It is a bit on the pricey side, but in my opinion entirely worth the money.

I've tried plantronics, Jabra, etc. None of them compare to the one I just got.

Hope that helps.

3. aphexii macrumors 6502

Price for performance ratio, your not gonna find much better than the Plantronics 520.

Plantronics 520 @ Newegg ($44 + shipping) - Though i've seen it less at Buy.com before ($40 shipped)

It not the best looking headset IMO, but it even sounded better than the old first gen Jawbone I had, especially when trying to hear the person you call. Although the Jawbone does a better job with background noise, the 'spring hinge' design of the Jawbone tended to pull the earpiece out of my ear, which made hearing the other party very difficult at times. I heard many others complain of the same. People could hear them well, but it was hard to hear the other party.

The second gen Jawbone seems to have fixed the issues I had with the first gen, but at over $100, its a tad on the expensive side.

The Plantronics is loud, clear, light, and even comes with a small desktop cradle. Battery life is good, as is comfort.

A review can be found here; http://www.legitreviews.com/article/557/1/