What is the best clear plastic Smart Cover compatable case for the New iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by HorseLove, Mar 26, 2012.

1. HorseLove macrumors newbie

I am getting the New iPad on Sunday! Really excited! I just want to be prepared and have the case and such when I purchase it. Any suggestions would be of great help! ;)

2. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

There are two versions of 'clear'. One is crystal clear (completely clear, shiny, slippery feel) and the other is frosted clear (translucent, milky, rubbery feel).

Which type are you looking for?

BJ

3. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

You know that's the question I'm always asking my self.
    Used to have a back skin and smart cover for iPad 2. Now I don't wanna use skins anymore.
    I'm not sure which one should I go for ?

4. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

I have both, truth is I like the rubber finish, far more comfortable to hold.

BJ

5. HorseLove thread starter macrumors newbie

I do love the clear. But I think the frosted kind of one would be more practical. I have heard the clear ones are too shiny, therefore being slippery. I doubt it though. What frosted kinds have you tried and/or like the best?

6. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

[​IMG]

The Belkin Snap Shield (above) feels and looks great but it has that big gap for the Smart Cover. I'm waiting for them (or someone else) to do the same thing for 100% back protection.

BJ

7. sfazngiants macrumors member

people seem to like the incipio smart feather. They have frost which is the milky clear. I am deciding between incipio and the belkin one

8. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

So who makes a crystal clear (not frosted) smart cover compatible one?

9. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

10. ilovecoffee macrumors newbie

Hey!

Have been reading a lot of back covers and to me it seems that Smart Feather was the best of them all. Ordered yesterday Incipio Smart Feather Frost for iPad3 and hope it will ship soon. Next I want to but a black Smart Cover. I liked those pictures here who got it and it looks great....Sorry for my bad english :)

11. HorseLove thread starter macrumors newbie

I like the Belkin one! I was planning on buying it from Best Buy. Also, has anyone tried to PowerSupport Air Jacket? I like the idea of having a thin clear snap case. Or has anyone tried the Griffin clear Outfit case? Thanks! :)

12. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

BTW I just picked up the Belkin one at my local target for 19.99 which was on sale from 29.99.

13. TWO2SEVEN, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Make sure you get the Belkin for the new iPad and not the iPad 2. People have talked about the ipad 2 version fitting, but cracking over time. The "new" version is $29.99 at Best Buy.

EDIT: Here is a long thread about the Belkin.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1345496

14. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

A picture of the Belkin Snap Shield on my new iPad. It has a good grippy surface that's not sticky like silicone.

[​IMG]

It works well with the Apple Smart Cover too.

[​IMG]

15. cdm369 macrumors newbie

iSkin

I don't think they're offering a clear one yet, however, iSkin sells translucent covers that provide the best protection while remaining compatible with the Smart Cover. It's called the iSkin solo Smart. I really like the bottom corner protection that this case provides, and the smart cover locking mechanism is pretty cool. Only con is the price @ $49.

16. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

17. glen e macrumors 68030

The BEST?....

Who knows.....I use the McCally and it works well...many in an uproar over exposed speaker and a higher edge but not a bother for me.... but I am surprised in the business world how many people think the clear looks cheap… I don't feel that way, but I've had many comments to that effect.

18. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

anyone know if the ifrogz backbone case is any good for the ipad?

19. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

I don't own one, but in looking at the product page online I can tell you the following:

1. Yes, it'll be excellent if you like a very thin hard polycarbonate (plastic) shell coated in rubber paint for good grip.

2. Yes, it'll be excellent if you like to put your Smart Cover on/off/on/off and remove the magnetic hinge several times a week.

But....

3. If you don't own a Smart Cover, then you want a different shell that seals up that open right side so it doesn't scratch.

4. If you do own a Smart Cover and never take it on/off, then you want a different shell that locks in the Cover so it does not easily detach.

5. If this is the exact type of shell that you want, the $34.99 price is very high. You can get something much cheaper in the Polycarbonate/Smart Cover Compatible category elsewhere.

BJ