What is the best DVD catalog app with certain features?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by moviecouple, Nov 19, 2012.

1. moviecouple, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

moviecouple macrumors regular

I was looking for a DVD cataloging app that has a few features and wondered what was the best.

1. Backup to iCloud or Dropbox
    2. Add titles by Search/barcode
    3. Add titles manually (if not found)
    4. Sort/filter by Alphabetical
    5. Sort/filter by date added to catalog
    6. Email list

Those are the features that I really need. Really would like to use this for both the iPhone and iPad if possible.

2. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

I use DVD Profiler. I think it's a pretty good app. But I've also been using their desktop software (Windows only) for over 10 years. So it was really the only logical choice.

As for your requirements, I think it meets most of them. Do keep in mind that version 2.0 is due out any day now. But the current version will do 2, 3, 4 and 5.

As for #1, your phone will backup your data when it does it's normal iCloud backup. The app itself doesn't do backups however. But like I said, my main database on my computer at home is my backup. Should I ever loose the data on my phone, I'd just re-sync from there. Also, backing up to iCloud or DropBox has been a frequent request. Don't know if it will be in 2.0 or not.

#6 isn't currently possible. Again, not a problem from the desktop version, but not from the mobile app. And I wouldn't expect to see this in the mobile app.

If you'd like to learn more, visit their website.

3. calbear98 macrumors newbie

Did you ever find an app to use?

I'm working on a cataloging app for mobile, because I want a single app that will cover books, CDs, and DVDs.