What is the best FTP for Mac?

fh2level

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
ATL
I haven't been able to find and FTP program that I really like to use to upload my website. I was using Cyberduck but it wouldn't stay connected, Fugu (spelling) I couldn't get to connect at all, and now I am using Fetch but everytime I make a change to my website files using iWeb I have to upload the ENTIRE site again and that takes so long and is using up my all my aloted traffic. As far as I have seen Fetch doesn't have an option to only updated the modified files, the only option is to rename or replace files with the same filename already on the server.

Any other suggestions :confused:

fh2level

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
ATL
Ok well maybe my problem isn't the FTP maybe it is iWeb or how I am using it. What I have been doing is everytime I make changes to my website with iWeb I republish it do the folder, therefore all the files are updated with the current date and time, making the FTP belive they are all newley modified files so it replaces them all. Do you have to rePublish the site everytime you make changes? or am I doing this wrong?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
fh2level said:
Ok well maybe my problem isn't the FTP maybe it is iWeb or how I am using it. What I have been doing is everytime I make changes to my website with iWeb I republish it do the folder, therefore all the files are updated with the current date and time, making the FTP belive they are all newley modified files so it replaces them all. Do you have to rePublish the site everytime you make changes? or am I doing this wrong?
Your problem is not application-related. I notice that files are given new modification dates when they are copied to iDisk.