What is the best insurance for the Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cmgerber, Jun 7, 2009.

1. cmgerber macrumors member

I have had my Macbook for about two years and am thinking I should get some insurance. Any ideas on what the best insurance to get outside of Apple care is and if the will still cover you if you don't get the insurance right when you buy the laptop?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

There really isn't any, as you're outside of your year.

If you want to protect it from dropping it or liquid damage, you can put a rider on your renter's or homeowner's insurance.

3. cmgerber thread starter macrumors member

4. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

5. youssefm macrumors 6502

Homeowners and renters insurance are usually your best bet, but it really depends on where you live as rules apply to different things.

6. mathieuheartmac macrumors member

I would suggest looking into your renter's/homeowner's insurance.
    As soon as I bought my macbook I added it to my renter's insurance, and it only added about $2-3 per month for coverage. That includes any damage or theft.

I think it is worth it. Now I just have to decide whether or not to extend apple care in October...

7. cmgerber thread starter macrumors member

I have square trade for my iPhone, will the still insure even though I am getting it after it has been used?

8. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Then you're out $3 per month.

You had better read that policy of yours. It will only cover theft (lots of luck collecting on this) and destruction due to in home damage like water, fire, etc.

Your policy will not cover parts failure any more than it does your TV and vacuum cleaner.

That's why it's only $3 per month. :D