What is the best invisible shield like product?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sumtime19, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Sumtime19 macrumors member

I was originally going to get invisible shield but a lot of people have been saying negative things about it, I know there's a lot more out there, I'd like to hear some of your opinions.

2. Tsr macrumors newbie

Imho. For the screen itself the Power Support films they sell at the Apple Store are awesome, I wish someone told me before I spent money on the other brands.
    There's no spraying the film with solutions that could get in the electronics or waiting hours for drying or bubble issues, took me less than 20 seconds to apply perfectly.

3. Sumtime19 thread starter macrumors member

Looks good.. but I really want something that covers the front back and side, mainly because after thats all put on I'm going to put it into a revo2 case. The plastic will prevent the sides from getting scratched up from the case.

4. perfectsat macrumors newbie

Phantom Skinz

I would suggest that you try Phantom Skinz. There is a lot of talk going around about how their material is superior to IS. That said, I have never tried IS for myself, but i do have Phantom Skinz on my iPhone and i am very impressed. Just something to consider

5. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

never heard of it but this is the only post ever made by this user on these forums, so I wouldn't trust a product that has people registering in forums just to try and sell it.

I have bodygardz and it's great, full chrome bezel protection unlike IS and less 'orange peel' ook

6. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

bodyguardz isnt scratch resistant. IS however is. I had bodyguardz on my phone and the skin would show every single scratch and knick. Took it off and ordered the IS back and used the ps antiglare screen. The is is unscratchable and tough.

7. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

For the Front:
    Absolutely Power Support Crystal Film...feels no different from the iPhone glass...which the other skins like BSE/BG/IS can't claim. Excellent protection from scratches as well. And like Tsr said...extremely easy to apply and get right on the first try.

For the Back:
    BestSkinsEver...I like the coverage it offers (about 90-95% of the chrome bezel) and they give you the option of a 1 piece or 2 piece back piece for ease of installation (I found the 2 piece back much easier to apply than the 1 piece from Bodyguardz...the others don't give you this option as far as I know). They don't outright offer the same guarantees as Bodyguardz or InvisibleShield...but from what I've heard the company is more than willing to do right by their customers and does send out free replacements if you have issues with the skin. Again...I have no personal experience with that...it's just what I've read on the forums. They are considerably cheaper than the others and only come in an envelope with no instructions (a good generic set common to all their skins, is available on their site), solution bottle (which I find the others don't provide near enough to do a proper job, I ran out trying to apply the second of the two bodyguardz skins I tried to apply), or squeegee (you can use a credit/debit card). No orange peeling at all since I've been using it.