What is the best iPhone 4 insurance policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iWeldonJ, Jul 18, 2010.

1. iWeldonJ macrumors member

Hi,

I found the Asurion mobile protection app and the insurance is $11.99 a month with a deductible of $199 for either iPhone 4 16G or 32G.

Seems steep, but covers loss, stolen, cracks, water damage and so on. You only have 30 days from buying the device to insure it. i have about 15 days left and wanted to see what others are doing to insure this product. Obviously if mine were lost or stolen I would be forced to buy one at the no commitment cost which would com out to $770 after taxes.

Is there any better or more economically friendly policies?

You have 2 claims per year and the max they cover is $1500 per year.

2. gouda272 macrumors regular

that is probably THE worst coverage I have ever heard of. You should do a search as there are numerours threads on this. Squaretrade is what I use, other folks will say just pay 199.00 to apple if it is out of warranty or they don't cover the damage. There are other companies that cover theft/loss but I can't recall their names.

3. neal.young macrumors member

The damage portion of that policy is just retarded. Why use one of your 2 claims per year if you could just bring it to Apple, and have them replace it for the same price?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

A quick search will bring you Tons of thread about it.

For me saveware is the best insurance/coverage available right now, it not perfect but it seen to cove all I (personal opinion, by any mean fact) need.

Take a look here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=948617