What is the best iPhone 4 screen protector and skin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Penryn Pun, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Penryn Pun macrumors newbie

What is the best recommended Iphone 4 screen protector and skin

I'm looking for a nice back skin and screen protector that does not turn yellow and does not affect the Iphone 4's retina display.

2. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

The question has been asked many times already. Do a search and you will have lots of info provided.

3. daemonite macrumors member

all i can say is stay away from stealth guards

4. treeoflife macrumors member

There's plenty of threads out there regarding this info.
    I started off my i4 with the SGP Ultra Crystal Clear film and it's lasting me since August.

5. james92se macrumors 6502a

Paying more than $1.00 for any screen protector is ridiculous. I cannot fathom why people here routinely pay $15-30 on a screen protector.

Seriously, you can get multiple sets of front and back screen protectors all day long on eBay for $1-2 shipped.

I have this on my iPhone 4, and not a complaint in the world about it. You can't even tell it's on the phone. It came with extra sets, but I don't know how/when I would ever even need them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5X-FRONT-BACK-S...ccessories&hash=item3cb17066c5#ht_4375wt_1139

6. Penryn Pun thread starter macrumors newbie

After doing research on previous posts and reviews, it has come down to either the SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal or the Power Support Crystal. I'm leaning towards the SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal because it's a full body cover unlike the Power Support Crystal that only covers the back and front and not the sides.

Looking at pictures of the SGP Ultra Crystal (front cover), it looks like the ear piece and video chat lens share one hole instead of two like the PS Crystal (front cover). Does this affect either of them like does it block the video chat lens at all? Also it looks like the SGP Ultra Crystal (back cover) has that tear drop opening for the camera and flash. I've read that the tear drop affects the flash. Also that, at least for the cases and skins, there is an oval opening instead of the tear drop that is much wider and does not affect the flash. Does the SGP Ultra Crystal (back cover) come in the oval opening?

7. fujitsu macrumors member

It's really hard to pick the best though the top 3 for me are:

1. SGP Steinheil Ultra Clear
    2. Power Support
    3. ZAGG invisibleSHIELD

Hope it helps!

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

All this talk of screen protectors. So although I've never had a problem I thought I'd install one just in case I drop the phone. Odds are I may, since I haven't dropped one in years.

Next up, decided to get a skin. Bought two to try. A Speck Pixel Skin, & the thinner Pixel Skin HD. I like the regular model since it's more protective. The HD is a bit too thin on the sides & smooth. The reg model is textured on the sides the same as the back. Also being a bit thicker, it's more comfortable in hand. Unlike Silicon which is a lint & debris magnet. This skin is high quality rubber. It stays clean and much nicer looking.

9. chanerz macrumors 6502a

10. ddisoul macrumors newbie

monoprice.com full body...very satisfied for the price...

11. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that! Just ordered a bunch for my girlfriend.

12. aronmssmith macrumors newbie

Why you are saying no to stealth guards?I have it and its one of the best protector i have ever used.Please share your experiences.

13. Swiperaja macrumors newbie