What is the best keyboard to go with a MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by palmerc2, Oct 23, 2009.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I am going to be getting a 17" MBP in a couple of weeks and want to know what a good keyboard is for it....I want to minimize my use on the built in keyboard to maximize the keyboard life.

I already plan on getting the mStand http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand.html
    and I already have the logitech G7 mouse for when I'm at home

Honestly, I have never owned a bluetooth device, ever.....the desk I will be using is small with a keyboard tray, and would like to minimize the USB ports used.

What brand of keyboard is best? Apple keyboard? Logitech? Other?

Also, I may install windows on it to play some games...what is the response time with a bluetooth keyboard? Same as a wired keyboard?

If it makes a difference, I already own an iMac and have the Apple issued wired keyboard, I like the configuration of the keys a lot.

I may stick with getting a bluetooth Apple keyboard, I honestly don't care about the numeric keypad, half the time I end up using the number keys above the letters. I just want to know what your guys' take is on it

Thanks!

2. Masters512 macrumors member

Masters512

Apple wireless keyboard 4 gr8 justis. I've gone through about 7 different keyboards in the past year, a lot of logitech ones that are pretty pricey. None of them feel as good to type on as the Apple keyboard and the size of it is just perfect. buy eeet!

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Man, I love the apple keyboard so much. It's really slim and response. No big bulky buttons, just small nice buttons which type really nice and fast. You don't have to push so much :D.