What is the best LCD screen for a Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chrisedmonds, Oct 22, 2009.

1. chrisedmonds macrumors newbie

Hello I have almost decided on getting a older Macbook instead of the new one. But I would like to know what model had the "best" LCD screen? And if anyone knows could you post the Macbook model number and the screen number as well. Thanks

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I'm pretty sure that if you're just looking at plastic MacBooks, they all have pretty poor screens. If you mean refurbished Unibody Aluminum MacBooks, then so long as it's not 9C89 or 9C8C, you'll be fine (9CA5/6/7/8 were the updated screens in the Unibody Aluminum MacBooks)

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

For the white Macbooks, they all suck equally. For real, I think they are all the worst. When people call me and ask if I use the original model, I say "yes, but please don't hold it against me."

The LP133WX1(TL)(A1) has a bit of a blueish tint compared to the Chi Mei model used in 06.

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

The new mb's have led backlit screens, which promise having no warm up time and a longer useful shelf life. What I'm wondering, and I just added a thread asking this, is if anyone has compared the 09 mb to the 13" mbp?

Back me up on this, but I think I can safely state that apple has had a history of skimping on it's consumer laptop lcd displays. I'm wondering if they're still doing the same.

And having had both the 9c89 and 9c8c displays, I can say that the 9c8c was sub par, and the 9c89 was God awful.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

There's a post in another thread and on gizmodo saying that the new Unibody WhiteBook's screen is similar to the Pro screen in terms of viewing angle, but lacks the increase color gamut. I'd figure it's somewhere near the upgraded Unibody MacBook screens if anything.

6. nickXedge macrumors 6502

nickXedge

Out of curiosity, is there a way to find out what screen I have without taking it apart?

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If you go to System preferences-->Displays-->Color, and then select the "color LCD" profile or any other profile created by you on your computer with the Apple calibration wizard (Not SuperCal). You'll then click "Open Profile" and scroll down to number 13 "mmod". Click on that once, and then 4 data field will show up under that window: Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and Manufacture Date.

The Model listed "0000xxxx" is what you you have installed. Around here, it's the last four digits referenced as they all have 0000 as a prefix.

8. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Pry back the bezel's frame a little bit.

If the LCD's backlight wires going to the inverter board are black and grey, it's Samsung LTN133W01-L01. If the inverter wires are black and white, it's Chi Mei. If the inverter wires are pink and yellow, it's LG Philips LP133WX1(TL)(A1).

I forget what color the AUO LCD ones were. :(

I can do this quicker than navigate through the menus. :D