Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apdominates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
I am new to mac and i loved Microsoft onenote, but sadly it isn't compatible for a mac, is there any note taker that you know of preferably free

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
I always recommend Circus Ponies Notebook. It's honestly the best, but not free, but neither is One Note. Here's the link to Circus Ponies, maybe someone else will chime in with some freebies. :)
http://www.circusponies.com/

waynechriss

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2009
Evernote: simple the best FREE note taking program. i have ADHD so my ability to remember and organize is very problematic. I bring my laptop to school everyday and i never have a notebook on me (except for math) because i use Evernote. I can make separate notebooks for various school subjects and it has plenty of storage for free. You can pay to get added benefits (storing PDFs and Powerpoints) but for what it does for free, its amazing.

Its helped me incredibly well in school.

http://www.evernote.com/

apdominates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
cool

cool thanks, so microsoft word does have a notebook templete i was never shure about that thought it was just a rumor

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
The MS Word Notebook format is not bad. I tried it, but it is still not OneNote. As mentioned above, do give a Notebook from Circus Ponies a try. The Evernote is also great for taking/organizing notes, but it does not have the features of the Notebook. Hopefully Evernote will continue to further develop their application (as they have so far). Right now I use both the Evernote and the Notebook.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
It depends on what you do, your preferences etc. I've been using Soho Notes and have been quite happy with it. I personally did not like circus ponies notebook, but there seem to be quite a few people who swear by it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.