What is the best program for downloading Youtube/Viemo streaming video?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by moviecouple, May 10, 2010.

1. moviecouple macrumors regular

Just curious what is the best free program for downloading streaming media, such as Youtube or Vimeo? Saw one called Clipgrab that had decent reviews.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. steveoc macrumors regular

I download a lot of video and found Cosmopod well worth the small expense. It integrates into Safari and converts to several formats automatically.

I picked it up for about half price, but it is currently 25% off: http://www.mupromo.com/deal/1182/cosmopod

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

5. steveoc macrumors regular

Yes-that's the way I did it for quite awhile. After download, you can convert is to another format using MPEG Streamclip to convert them.

I download and convert so much that cosmopod was worth the nominal price to make it one step.

6. Wheelie4 macrumors regular

Wheelie4

If there's a video I find while in Safari I want to download I usually open it in firefox and download the mp4 version with the "DowloadHelper" extension or the "Youtube Video Download" script thru Greasemonkey. These options give the title to the video automatically.