Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dilbert4life

macrumors regular
Original poster
I have a need. I need to be able to do some project management and collaboration that will also track progress. I would like it to be web-based, so that I could install it on my OS X Server and basically make it part of my local intranet.

Any suggestions? :apple:

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
I too would like something like this, except it needs to be able to run on a Linux server. A php program most likely so it can run on either platform.

Anyone have ideas?

dilbert4life

macrumors regular
Original poster
I too would like something like this, except it needs to be able to run on a Linux server. A php program most likely so it can run on either platform.

Anyone have ideas?

I have been researching, and found a cool Apple development called WebObjects. It can run Web Based Applications cross platform. I am searching for an application that has already been written that I can implement as needed.

Does any one know where I could download full WebObjects applications?:apple:

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I have been researching, and found a cool Apple development called WebObjects. It can run Web Based Applications cross platform. I am searching for an application that has already been written that I can implement as needed.

Does any one know where I could download full WebObjects applications?:apple:

Unlikely. WebObjects is for developers primarily.

Great chance to learn Java and Java related technology though.

As for the question in hand, OmniPlan and OmniFocus seem like a good pairing.

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
We actually built our own web-based PM software using some of the platform as a service tools out there. It's pretty cool because it allowed us to make it super simple, and integrate with metrics and processes, all while keeping the cost waaaaay down.

dilbert4life

macrumors regular
Original poster
Unlikely. WebObjects is for developers primarily.

Great chance to learn Java and Java related technology though.

As for the question in hand, OmniPlan and OmniFocus seem like a good pairing.

Hmm. I would like to learn Java, but don't have the time.:apple:

We actually built our own web-based PM software using some of the platform as a service tools out there. It's pretty cool because it allowed us to make it super simple, and integrate with metrics and processes, all while keeping the cost waaaaay down.

I found an answer to my prayers, and its name is dotProject. Pretty much the best thing I could find, and it is Open Source, so that keeps my costs waaaaay down too. It installed very easily on my self hosted MAMP Web Server. (Similar to LAMP, just running on Mac instead of Linux. lol)

It does everything I need and more. Props.:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.