What is the best Task Management app out there?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TomWmoT, May 28, 2011.

1. TomWmoT macrumors newbie

I need a task management (to do) app that is simple, easy, and where I don't spend all my time just trying to manage the tasks. Less time planning/typing/etc. more time doing.

For weight and fitness management I use [app]Health Nut[/app] which only takes me one minute a day to keep track of my eating and workouts. Unlike the count everything you eat apps that take too much time. I need something like that but for my daily tasks.

Thoughts/Ideas/Suggestions?

2. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

3. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Isn't there an iPhone version of iProcrastinate? It sinks with your Mac version of iProcrastinate.

5. gks macrumors 6502

right now? OmniFocus.

I'd avoid Things like the Plague.

Expensive, but all 3 apps are quite well done. The next release will be even better with the Forecast view coming to the iPhone version of the app.

6. nutmac macrumors 68040

While I am sure some can justify, Omni apps are so ridiculous expensive, made worse by the fact that apps aren't even iPhone+iPad universal.

Since the original poster did not mention anything out of the ordinary, I would recommend Wunderlist and 2Do (on sale this weekend).

7. gks macrumors 6502

Ridiculous expensive... ok. Consider this. You get phone support and email support. There aren't many companies that have been around for as long as OmniGroup on the Mac. They started out making apps for NeXT. They aren't going anywhere. The same can't be said of other companies.

I get email responses from their support guys (even feature requests) asking for more detail or if an alternative they have in mind would suffice. They take every users feedback and suggestions and at least consider them.

They take the time to help you if you have problems. Sorry but "Ridiculous Expensive" is sort of an insult to the awesomeness that is OmniGroup. Considering what you get from them it's a deal.

My serious suggestion to anyone is don't count something out due to price. Just because other companies try to do the Race To The Bottom pricing game more expensive apps are typically better in a variety of ways.

8. nutmac macrumors 68040

I have already said some can justify, but I for one, do not need immediate support for a task management app. So frankly can't justify $20 for OmniFocus iPhone + $40 for the iPad version (I need the app for both devices).

9. Meir macrumors newbie

10. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

I don't know why, but I'm LOVING Wunderlist.

At first blush, it's just a basic task manager/list maker. But the more I use it, the more I enjoy it. Yes, the seamless cloud integration across all devices is a plus, but in other departments it's no OmniFocus.

Wunderlist is just so well-designed, though, so natural to use - on every device I have it on.