What is the best tempered glass for ip6 now?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sonic2911, Mar 3, 2015.

1. sonic2911 macrumors member

What is the best tempered glass for ip6 now? Spigen is good?

2. d-emolat macrumors newbie

Well, a couple of days before I thought Spigen was the best. ;) but.. I've installed the Glas.tr in January and I think it isn't scratch resistant (I have scratches on the glass and I don't even know where they come from bc I don't even carry keys in my pockets or something..) and it isn't oleophobic not even a bit... But I was satisfied. Now it began to lift up and I don't even know why but it got worse every day now I have air bubbles on the sides.
    I ordered another tempered glass screen protector, otterbox alpha glass for now.

3. Femme macrumors regular

Going into three months with my tech armor glass. I can honestly say i am very surprised at how scratch resistant this one is. that's all I was really looking for with a screen protector. The fact that it doesn't scratch at allllllllllllllll (so far) and the cut outs are also very precise is such a win for me. Don't forget about the price too. $11 #

4. Synergie macrumors 6502a

If its for the 6 or 6+ I dont recommend a screen protector. The tempered glass are nice but the very small margin means the protectors are mae to just fit exactly to the edge of the actual screen without any overhang because of the curve on the sides. This means unless the install is absolutely PERFECT, you will have the edge actually a mm or so into your actual screen. I tried having them install it at the store (Geek Squad) several times, and none of the installs were perfect and things on the edge of the screen I could not accurately touch as the edge of the protector was there. I gave up eventually.
    This was on my 6+. I had a 6 for a few months with no screen protector and never had one on my 5s either. None of them got scratched at all.

I recommend instead a case that has a holster where you can flip the phone around and slide it face in when not in use. Pure Gear has one...

5. d-emolat macrumors newbie

tbh i begin to feel the same, it's like nothing really keeps me satisfied.. maybe i'll try the Spigen Crystal Curved.

6. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I believe the best tempered glass currently is the iMos 3D Corning. It's as close to edge to edge as you can get, and it truly has curved adhesive corners. However, it costs at least $60 before shipping, so it's too much for my taste.

However, I do have the CoolReall Tempered Glass, and so far I see no scratches, has a good oleophobic coating, and is affordable too.

7. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

8. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

i got the imos last week. took almost a whole month to get it here to kansas. well worth the wait, this thing feels amazing, comes packaged ridiculously good, and feels and looks perfect. it did run about $80 which is only a little shy of apple care, but well worth it to me.