What is the best/thinnest iPhone 5 bumper case under $30?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Snake201, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Snake201 macrumors member

I'm looking to get the best and or thinnest iPhone 5 bumper case that one could buy under $30. Any one has any good recommendations?

Thank you!

2. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

The two that I know (non ebay) are the Caze ThinEdge matte or the Pinlo BladeEdge 2 .

3. Radiating macrumors 65816

Go for the caze thin edge. Feel free to read through my review.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1504567

4. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

5. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Elago makes a _nice_ product, with good customer service, and the ultra thin case is available from Amazon for ~$10.

It's not a bumper in that it covers the rear, but it exposes the logo (includes clear protection for the logo area), has a nice big camera cutout, also wraps to the front enough to provide some display down protection (at least on smooth, flat surfaces).

Also exposes the actual buttons, and has a nice accessible cutout on the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wxman2003 Suspended

Had the caze, sent it back. Too much give on the side with the clip. Switched to the Spigen Linear EX slim case. A lot better IMO.

7. fubaracing7374 macrumors member

Jerry, nice review on some slim cases. Finally checked out your website, heard about it on the podcast but hasn't gotten a chance to look at it.

8. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have(had) both of those. I didn't have a problem with either the black or the silver but the clear was pretty bad. I am waiting for a replacement clear Caze. I had the Linear Ex for about 4 hrs before it was packed up and ready to ship back to SGP. I made the phone feel way to thick. Currently using a Neo Hybrid Ex which is over the 30 buck limit of the Op's criteria.

Thanks Fubar! I am glad you enjoyed my reviews and the iOSDocked podcast. :)

9. beeinformed macrumors 6502

I like the photos! I have the black version of the iPhone 5 and would this type of case (with the bottom and top exposed) lead to scratches? Thanks! :)

10. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

That's a good question :)

As far as the case causing scratches, I've had it on/off 4 or 5 times, and I don't see any damage. It's plastic and snaps on back-to-front, and has pretty small contact points with the outer band, it's also pretty snug so I wouldn't imagine it shimmying around and scratching[?]

The bottom and top exposure? Yeah, that's probably just luck. On our 4s we had Elago cases, but they were the Slider model, so they were a bit thicker, and covered the top/bottom, had a bit more front side wraparound, but we wanted to go a little more minimal on this one. Well, I did, mine is the white, and I totally dig on the polished chamfered edge ... the black is my wife's, she probably could use a little more coverage, she's not as careful as I am :D

11. Scott2345 macrumors regular

12. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

This one has lay on table lip. MIME Alias is good too & has no lip but it has space for dust to enter
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/140888044631?redirect=mobile