What is the Best (top-of-the-line) Conversion Software

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FilmDaddy77, Dec 21, 2009.

1. FilmDaddy77 macrumors newbie

Hi - I have been searching and searching for the best conversion software available. Right now I have Compressor, Wondershare Video Converter Pro and MPEG Streamclip. I have a MAC pro computer and use FCP. I need advice on the best top of the line converter. Something that is good for converting Youtube, Mp4, WMV, Flash, etc. This would mostly be for video converting, but I'm also looking for software to convert other types of non-video files as well. I just want to be setup so I can handle anything a client throws at me and not loose any quality or very little in the process. My video never seems to look as good as it does when I'm watching it in Final Cut Pro. I'm always loosing quality when I compress or convert to some other format. Price is not an issue. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

If you primarily stream your videos to YouTube, don't bother. They re-encode your HD into their "HD" at 2Mbit/sec for 720p and 4Mbit/sec for 1080p.

Otherwise you already have the tools needed. Final Cut will even let you export using Quicktime conversion to H.264, which is very YouTube friendly.

3. AccAD01 macrumors newbie

I agree that you probably have all you're going to need. But if you want to investigate further you could try Episode Pro. It has a wide variety of input/output formats. Sadly most of the good video compression software is window's based. If you have access to a PC, or have bootcamp installed, check out Carbon Coder Pro, Expression Encoder 3 (for WMVs), and AVISynth with MeGUI (for MP4s).

4. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

Ffmpegx[​IMG] completelyfree, does everything and nothing can beat it!