Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Any recommendations? Looking for a sleeve that is not bulky. A very simple sleeve that protects my beautiful machine.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Any recommendations? Looking for a sleeve that is not bulky. A very simple sleeve that protects my beautiful machine.

I've been looking for one too. I like the Applesac or Waterfield sleeves and am unsure what I want.. I already have an STM bag and wondering if I want a basic sleeve like the waterfield or go applesac to have the extra compartment if I wanted to just carry that on days.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I got an orange Zeroshock with an outer pocket. Zeroshocks protected my powerbooks from six foot falls in the past, they rock.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I highly recommend Timbuk2's laptop sleeve. Link They're on sale for only $12.50 :)

My laptop is practically bulletproof in this thing. Works great in my Timbuk2 messenger bag.

I think that Colcasacs look pretty sweet.

SteveMobs

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
Washington D.C.
I have a 2.4 uni MB and the Booq Taipan S. I like the sleeve, it fits nicely and it's one of the only ones out right now that is designed for the new aluminum macbooks.

Incase and Tucano have not done a redesign yet, they're lazy. If you buy an Incase or a Tucano you're essentially buying a sleeve for the old plastic white MB.

Here is a link to a quick review I did for the Booq Taipan S, it's also got some big pictures for detail;

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=7086711#post7086711

Hope this helps.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Looking for a sleeve that is not bulky. A very simple sleeve that protects my beautiful machine.
Like the OtterBox 7030 ?

kit143.1.jpg
kit143.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9ysliXz3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5i16JHw4Nk

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I know you were looking at something slim, but I have to recommend SUMO cases. They offer GREAT protection, and I just had a run in with their customer service... let me just say that I will be buying my cases from them for the rest of my life!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I got an orange Zeroshock with an outer pocket. Zeroshocks protected my powerbooks from six foot falls in the past, they rock.

Zeroshocks, and all the similar impact-absorbing foam sleeves are the best. I doubt I'd physically break my machine even if I were to throw it. Seriously.

However, AppleSac's are cute. For many people, they only need a certain level of protection since not everyone is paranoid enough to prepare for every unexpected incident, and AppleSacs appear to be good enough, just like neoprene sleeves are just good enough.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
thanks!

All of the recommendations are great. Looking at the zeroshock, the sf bags, the neoprene and the wrapper sleeves...Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.