What is the best video converter for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stu212, Nov 17, 2009.

1. stu212 macrumors member

I've searched these forums and tried a few converters but nothing seems to be good. I used to use visual hub which up until recently was okay. Untill i tried to convert the film office space which i have as a matroska file to an mp4 for my iPhone. The film wouldnt run well and was very laggy on the iPhone. I got handbrake and that works fine for converting the film and makes .mkv's run smooth on the iPhone when converted to mp4, the only problem is that the program crashes after a while usually after converting one film.

to cut a long story short! can anyone suggest some more video converters i can try that will work well with snow leopard?

2. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I run both Handbrake and Visual Hub without problems to covert .mkv files to .mp4 for playback on a PS3. You might want to check out the Handbrake forums and toubleshoot your system a little bit before just giving up entirely on the programs. There is other conversion software out there, but there's not a lot of free alternatives with the power and versatility of Handbrake.

3. stu212 thread starter macrumors member

See i know that handbrake is good it converted the file really well and i will continue to use it. I just want to try some alternatives. i might post a video on youtube to show the differences in when i use visual hub compared to handbrake. It only seems to happen with office space in visual hub.