What is the best way to scout stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zepaw, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I am within a short range of a great number of stores that sell iPhone 4s such as Best Buy, AT&T, Wal-Mart, etc (oddly no Apple within a reasonable distance). I would rater not call obsessively, it would be both bothersome for me and I would be a nuisance to the stores. When are they best times to check with stores and would I have more luck with some over others?

Thanks!

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seriously, how the hell is anyone going to know when stores in your area receive deliveries and what the best time to call is? I laud you for not wanting to be a pain in the arse to the stores. If only people used that same logic when starting threads. :rolleyes:

3. Zepaw thread starter macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I did not ask you for the store's delivery schedules, I asked a couple simple questions that you gave a completely unhelpful response to. I would prefer 0 replies over your useless filler.

4. Adisah macrumors regular

I guess call the stores and ask when do they get iPhone 4 deliveries in. They may or may not tell you. Then on those specific days you can check which store has stock.

5. Haani macrumors newbie

If you could avoid being a complete and total douche bag that would be great.

To answer the initial question many mobile phone departments in best buy/walmart/radio shack have invalid counts on sellable products because of holds/returned units etc. Therefore any sort of inventory system is pretty useless for checking. I wouldn't avoid calling, there are 5837373 other people doing the same thing as you, it's not as if they will learn your voice enough to despise you. Speaking for best buy atleast, we have no idea when or how many we will get in a shipment, they don't come on our normal truck, they just kind of show up.

One suggestion, when you do call avoid insisting to talk to the mobile department, the person that answers the phone is most likely well aware of the stores iPhone 4 stock count.

Technically you can ask the store if any other locations nearby have any, they're not supposed to tell you how many the computer says another store has but if they're new/don't care they may tell you anyway. Chances are anything over 5 and at least one of them is a new iPhone 4 that is actually sellable

6. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

Would be nice for once to not see some douche jump all over someone for asking a simple question.

I come here daily, hardly ever post, but when I do 99% of the people on here are awesome and helpful.

Then of course there are the 1% that have nothing better to do then put up worthless crap. Must make them feel good about themselves I guess. Sad.

I too am curious if anyone has any ideas for gettn a phone.

I scored an iPad on a tuesday when they just got a delivery around 10am.
    They didn't want to tell me about it, but one of the guys slipped and said they're were some just delivered. I waited about a half hour for them to get processed and walked out with one. Lucky I guess.

What's the latest? If you walk into an Apple store can you reserve a phone or not?

7. spades1412 macrumors 6502

This topic is relevant, unlike your douche bag response.

OP, theres 5 Apple store in the Twincities.

http://www.apple.com/retail/locator/index.html?storename=Apple+Store&q=Minneapolis,+MN