What is the Cheapest way to get CS3?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by msharpmu, Jun 15, 2007.

1. msharpmu macrumors regular

I just got my first mac and I want to dabble in photo editing. I want photoshop but really don't want to pay full price. Any suggestions minus the obvious (.edu discount, programmer discount, etc.)?

2. Igantius macrumors 65816

3. msharpmu thread starter macrumors regular

No, I don't know what that is. Also, I know this sound stupied but the function I am most interested in, as of right now, is attaching multiple pictures together to create a panoramic view. Can Elements do that?

4. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Photoshop Elements served me well for many years. I'm sure version 5 will be out for the Mac soon. Get That.

I'd stay away from the bootled software. Yes, it's cheap but I don't think it's right to buy it, just my opinion. I think PS is overpriced but PS Elements does most of the same thing at a fraction of the cost.

5. Igantius macrumors 65816

Elements is basically a consumer version of PS - worth checking out, read some reviews etc as it's very good value for money and just what you might be looking for...

6. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

What kind of camera do you have? Canon cameras come with a program called PhotoStitch (I think that's the name). It can stitch photos together. Doesn't do anything else, though. Not sure if it's considered freeware by Canon . . . perhaps a friend can hook you up if the license allows it. also, it works with any digital photos, not just canon ones.

7. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

I have Photoshop 7 on my Mac, is it possible for me to update straight to CS3?

8. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

A torrent file links to a file stored somewhere on the internet and makes the client download it. Not all torrents are illegal, such as OpenOffice and NeoOffice are both distributed this way...however, there is tons of dodgy stuff out there.

9. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I believe so. According to Amazon, upgrade eligibility for Photoshop CS3 is: "to use this product you must own any of the following software products: Photoshop 7.0, CS and CS 2"

10. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Great! And I have some Amazon vouchers knocking around as well :)

11. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Is Elements 5 going to be a Universal app? I have Elements 4 running on my MacBook and it runs "ok".