What is the currency posted on App Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, May 22, 2012.

1. hajime macrumors 68040

Hello, Apple has different websites for different countries. Due to the currency exchange, people in the UK usually pay more than those in other countries. Whenever I launch App Store, it looks like the costs listed are always in US$ (e.g. $0.99) regardless of where I am located. Am I right?

2. goRoostr macrumors member

I'm pretty sure if you go to Apple.com wherever you are its always in $US. At the bottom right of the Apple.com main page, it gives you the ability to change your region.

3. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

I think you can only pay in the currency attached to your credit card and/or the location of your Apple ID.
    I did read that some folks could get an Apple ID located in the US by some ruse and have used this to buy stuff from the US iTunes store.

Suggest you try to get an additional Apple ID from the US store and see whether this works for a $ purchase - other wise it seems like a bit of old fashioned RPM to me (Retail Price Maintenance).

I know from experience that it's not possible to buy from an Apple store in a different country but I have no Apple experience in using a non-local Credit Card.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68040

At the bottom right of my App Store window, there is a symbol indicating the country where I am right now (not in the US). I have also never used a credit card from the US to order things through Apple. FaceTime costs $0.99
    How about those in the US right now paying via a US credit card. Does FaceTime cost $0.99 as well? There is no indication of currency.

5. rpmor macrumors member

the currency is the currency of your account's current location.

for example: mine is set to Australia. if i manually change the location to the US my account gets automatically logged out and the prices i am seeing reflect US pricing but if I attempt to purchase anything I will be asked to log back on and then be redirected to the Australian portal with its pricing/product availabilities.

if you are logged on it reflects the price your account's location is set to.

if you are logged off check what location your store is browsing (bottom right corner) and its reflecting pricing from there.

6. hajime thread starter macrumors 68040

I attempted to order it and got the message: "Your account is temporarily unavailable. The Store is unable to access your account information. You may continue to browse the Store. Please try again in a few minutes."