What is the current price people are listing their iphone 5 for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caligurl, Sep 11, 2014.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I see a lot of mention about trade in values but I can't really find any threads on people selling their iphone 5. (I looked in market place and couldn't even find any threads.)

Ours are black, at&t, 64gb.

I'M NOT LOOKING TO SELL MY PHONE ON THIS FORUM (which is why i posted here in the iphone thread vice marketplace)! I just need the current going rate so I can list it on my local sale site. (We only do in person sales for cash.)

thanx in advance for any help!

2. FazZa-3 macrumors regular

I've sold mine to a family member for £200 (whatever that is in your currency) and mine is the iPhone 5 32GB. But 2 recycling websites were also offering £200.

:)

3. brittany0613 macrumors member

Go to glyde.com. I used it to sell my 4 two years ago when I got the 5. And I'll be selling my 5 this week after we get the 6 preordered. They let you set your price in a specific range depending on market value and condition and then the selling process is super easy from there.

4. Starflyer, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014

Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

Moderator note: This is a post by user StarShot. Due to an error by MacRumors it is shown with the wrong username. Our apologies.

There ISN'T any current price. However, a 64gb model should get $400-$500 on eBay. Of course, there's then the eBay and PayPal slice. I just sold my 32gb on eBay for $400.

In the past I've also sold on craigslist, but then you have to meet for the transfer. And IMHO, craigslist buyers are super cheap, sometimes fail to show up, and generally a PITA. That said, a few are very nice and understand what your phone is worth.

If going eBay, I suggest no longer than a 3 day ad. Wish they had a 2 day option. One day is just too fast for casual cruisers to see.

5. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

Maybe my wording was wrong. I know in the past I had read several posts about what people had listed and sold their phones for. So that's what I'm looking for. What people seem to be getting for their 5 phones.

I'm not even interested in selling on ebay (that, too, would involve shipping.)

I don't even use craigs list. I tried listing there in the past and I pretty much got those emails wanting it shipped, blah, blah, blah.

We have a local site here that I've had great luck with and used in the past. I couldn't even get a feel for a fair price there, though cuz they only ones listed were 16 gb. (well... I guess technially that can give me some idea?)

Anyways, thanx for your info. That does help a lot!

6. Starflyer, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014

Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

Moderator note: This is a post by user StarShot. Due to an error by MacRumors it is shown with the wrong username. Our apologies.

Of course, do what you feel comfortable doing, but I'm willing to bet you're get a higher price on ebay. USPS has 2Day flat shipping boxes (around $7). At least that's what I paid.

If you sign into eBay, you can "see" completed sales instead of current sales. That should give your an idea about. A previous poster here mentioned the site below. I was just on it and it showed my 5S 32gb netting $299. I netted around $370 on my recent ebay sale of my 5S 32gb. You can recover the shipping on eBay, but a lot of sellers are advertising free shipping.

Go to glyde.com.