What is the Current State of Bluetooth Audio Compatibility?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by haravikk, Sep 8, 2014.

1. haravikk macrumors 65816

Okay, so a few years ago I shopped around for a Bluetooth headset, but it ended up being a nightmare of ordering and then returning them, as compatibility with OS X was horrible, either on Snow Leopard or Leopard, I don't remember, due to very poor inbuilt support for Bluetooth audio.

Anyway, it's years later, and I'd like to try again and get a proper pair of Bluetooth headphones for use with my Mac and my phone, but I'm unclear whether the same compatibility issues exist anymore? It's hard to find many manufacturers that list any specific OS compatibility, which either suggests that it should work with any Bluetooth capable device, or that they just don't care to list it.

So, has anyone got any Bluetooth audio devices recently that could comment on how difficult it was to find a compatible device, or should everything now just work (like it should have done originally ;))?

2. h9826790, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Sometimes I use my bluetooth hand free as the stereo headset + wireless mic, no problem at all. No background noise, no connection issue, very good quality.

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 21.50.14.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg

LQ.jpg data.jpg

As you can see that the link quality (LQ in Bluetooth Status) stay at 100%. The Data sent (from Mac to the headset) has a very reasonable and stable data rate.