What is the day that you expect as a launch date of new Pros?

When will the new Pros launch?

• Next week. (18/3-24/3)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Next 2 weeks. (25/3-31/3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next 3 weeks (1/4-7/4)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Next 4 weeks (8/4-14/4)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Next 5 weeks (15/4-21/4)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Next 6 weeks (22/4-28/4)

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Later than that.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • It never come out.

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

wallysb01

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2011
Just a poll !!!
Well the "Later than that" option is probably the mostly like one to be correct, given that the others are binned into only single weeks. However, I think of the single week intervals, the mid-late April range is where I'd put my money.

Glen Quagmire

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
UK
What's the point of this poll? How can anyone give a reliable, well-informed opinion, unless they work for Apple on Mac Pros? No-one here has the foggiest idea what's going on with the release cycle, or even if they've been scrapped entirely. So it's all conjecture and guess work. Which makes this poll completely meaningless and a waste of time.

You may as well ask "How long is a piece of string?".

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
What's the point of this poll? How can anyone give a reliable, well-informed opinion, unless they work for Apple on Mac Pros? No-one here has the foggiest idea what's going on with the release cycle, or even if they've been scrapped entirely. So it's all conjecture and guess work. Which makes this poll completely meaningless and a waste of time.

7 inches?

No, 18 inches, and a 1/4?

Am I right?

wallysb01

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2011

Its an opinion poll, Glen. Just because you don't think there is any factual information towards answering the question in the poll, does not mean the poll is meaningless or a waste of time. It just mean that this poll gives us an idea about when people THINK the Mac Pro will be release.

Anyway, I think you should read up on the wisdom of the crowd.

And yes, there is information out there beyond simply having insider knowledge....

Things to consider:
What processors are available?
When are new processors going to be available?
What video cards are available?
When are new video cards going to be available?
What processors/video cards are in the current Mac Pro?
What has been Apple's previous behavior given a similar set of answers to the first 5 questions?

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
And yes, there is information out there beyond simply having insider knowledge....

Things to consider:
What processors are available?
When are new processors going to be available?
What video cards are available?
When are new video cards going to be available?
What processors/video cards are in the current Mac Pro?
What has been Apple's previous behavior given a similar set of answers to the first 5 questions?
So you are saying the string is longer than 18 inches?

upbraid

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2011
dec 21, 2012. the world shall end shortly after the announcement, crushing the dreams of mbp fans everywhere.