What is the deal Apple?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macaco74, Jul 25, 2008.

1. macaco74 macrumors regular

These last few weeks have really sucked for me and apple.

1) my Apple TV continues to disappear from my itunes device list after I close itunes for a period of time greater than 15 minutes. This comes after extensive troubleshooting, 2 phone calls with apple care and bringing the unit in to see a genius. The could not replicate the issue but replaced the unit, still sucks. Probably will sell it on ebay.

2) iphone 3g - love this device. But tonight, for whatever reason, when I plugged it into my macbook pro, it required me to go through the restore process. Bad enough it takes 25 minutes to sync and appears as if the phone decides randomly that it does not want to be connected to itunes during mid-backup but this is the second time it saw my phone as a new device and required a restore. Blah.

3) We have 3 macs (macbook, macbook pro and a new iMac 3.06 gz) al backing up to our time machine (via time capsule). Now, for whatever reason (again), my macbook pro decided it doesn't recognize the drive for backups...or can not connect, or both. I can mount the damn drive easy enough but can not back up (stalls in preparing backup and the console tells me it gets several unexpected errors and ignores.

I already cleared the pram, repaired disk (from osx boot disk) and repaired he drive. Reset my time capsule, and all the typical processes and techniques. Fail. So I am giving up on backups or now.

I do not want to reinstall leopard nor plug in an external drive.

I am just really in a sore state of mind. Add to this my $367 electric bill for the freakin' air conditioner and this makes my week!

2. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

Sucks to hear that but it seems that you need to get your Macbook Pro checked out.