What is the Difference between Adobe Contribute and Dreamweaver?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dingdongbubble, Jul 3, 2007.

1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

What are the functions of each? I mean like Photoshop is for image editing and Premiere Pro is Video Editing. Two different things. So likewise what is the differnce between DW and Cr?

2. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

3. dingdongbubble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Design vs Publish

If I am not mistaken, Contribute is for publishing the websites? I already use Dreamweaver and know what its for (web design) but I was curious about Contribute. So am I right. And why would someone want to use a dedicated program only for uploading websites to their servers?

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The idea of Contribute is that it's supposed to help when you have multiple people involved. Say, you want the overall design controlled, but individuals within departments (or whatever) are still able to update the content within. Or, perhaps it's a smaller situation, and you want to let a client make updates without messing up the site. It doesn't have much value if you're working on your own.

5. dingdongbubble thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol

I was planning to get. I will let it go. thanks:)

6. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

As a web developer I would agree...don't get it. I know it comes bundled in CS3 Web Premium.....but I'll never use it....no real need.

I think it's best for a company to allow non-tech/designer people to upload and make simple changes to a site.

-Kevin