What is the difference between the iphone3GS and the iphone 4g?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dreamer41, Aug 26, 2010.

1. dreamer41 macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy an iphone but I'm not quite sure if I should get the iphone 3GS or just the regular iphone 4g. I don't really know the difference. Which one is a better phone and which one is cheaper? Any tips?

2. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

There's a difference of $100 between the 3GS and the 4. The iPhone 4 has a better camera, more RAM , better core , better screen , different design and some other differences.

3. siuperman macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 also has a front facing camera, can take 720p HD video, and gyroscope. I would definitely shell out the extra $100 for the iPhone 4, but it's ultimately your decision.

4. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

What's an iPhone 4g?

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Wiki has a good summary table here. The issue of cost is complex, for it depends on how long you intend to keep your phone and how you use the phone. For instance, if you tend to keep phones, probably iPhone4 would be better because software for it should be written for the next couple of years, whereas the 3GS probably won't feature for long in future software updates. If you just want a cheap (well, least expensive) iPhone, then get a 3GS.