What is the difference between the new blue tooth stylus and one like the wacom

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by paulbaker99, Mar 7, 2012.

1. paulbaker99 macrumors newbie

What is the difference between the new blue tooth stylus and one like the wacom or ifaraday

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Post the announcement / specs of your new bluetooth stylus and then we can discuss the differences.

3. paulbaker99 thread starter macrumors newbie

What i want to know is what is the difference between a blue tooth versus a none blue tooth. like why would I want to buy a blue tooth when A none blue tooth works just fine on my ipad

4. Zenteeric macrumors member

bluetooth can enable your stylus to connect to your ipad so that your hands can rest on the screen and not touch anything. just the stylus would work.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

and back to my question -- what/which bluetooth stylus for ipad are you referring to?

Until you provide the brand and model bluetooth stylus for ipad you're considering, it's impossible to tell you what it does or doesn't do differently from a normal stylus.

Bluetooth is a communications protocol/technology. Presumably a stylus using bluetooth could be designed to do a zillion different things from pressure sensitivity to having buttons allowing changing colors/tools to being sensitive to which end is used and the back end being the eraser, and about anything else you might imagine.

6. michaelaalan macrumors newbie

I think the answer that your looking for is that these new Bluetooth styluses have a pressure sensor built in that sends pressure information to the ipad which can be used by an app the vary the thickness of lines based on force. This differs from normal styluses which have no pressure sensitivity. Both of these also differ from the active styluses from byzero and cregle which use a combination of ultrasonic and infrared sensors in a dongle attached to the dock connector to track the stylus and give you more accuracy than the capacitive screen is capable of, these also currently lack pressure sensitivity.

7. MortalDays macrumors regular

Where can I buy one?

8. brand macrumors 601

brand

The spelling.