What is the difference?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sithikorn, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Sithikorn macrumors newbie

1.What is the difference between 1.register in the form that first came up when you use a new mac for the first time and 2.register online via apple web site with apple id involve?
    because when you first use a new mac there are the info that you have to fill in to create an account

2.If i fill the info for the first time i open my new mac does it count to be "register the machine"? or not or it register in a part of Leopard but not the Mac Serial from hardware?????
    Thank you in advance

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I don't believe there's any difference. I registered when I first got my computer, and haven't done anything else. I believe the one on the Apple website is for people who don't (can you not? I don't remember) register at the very beginning.

3. Sithikorn thread starter macrumors newbie

Why?

but why in the web site it require Apple ID to be "Register My Product" and there's non in the first-time-use mac fill-info and all my e-mail aren't Apple ID so that mean i didn't register or not?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It doesn't mean anything other than that you haven't created an Apple ID. If you wish to check the registration status of your machine on Apple's site, you'll need to create an Apple ID first.

Yes, this does register the machine with Apple. I don't know if it includes your Mac's serial number, but I suspect it does.