What is the dollar value of the iBook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Spares, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Spares macrumors member

I own a MacBook and am happy with it, however i stumbled across an add for an iBook, they lost the login password so i would need around that but does $300.00 (CAD) seem like a good deal or is that market value these days?

$ 300 Canadian = € 189.06 = $248.94 US

2. glap1922 macrumors regular

I think it depends on the specs of the ibook. Is it G3 or G4, 12 or 14 inch? All that stuff plays a part.

3. Spares thread starter macrumors member

Ya, the description was pretty vague, i sent back a few questions but it doesn't seem like the person really knows what they're selling

4. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

Sounds like a stolen iBook to me...
    My colleague has an iBook that he no longer uses (the last revision), PM me if you are interested. Which part of Canada are you in?

5. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Don't buy that iBook. The seller is trying to sell you a pig in the poke--trying to give you as little info as possible about what you are actually buying.

Lost login password? Right. Can't give you any details about the computer. Right. Don't pay any more for it than if it was sold like this:

Stolen bricked notebook for sale! Might be an iBook! NO Refunds, all sales FINAL! Caveat Emptor!

6. glap1922 macrumors regular

I think there is a way to reset the password using the install disk, but I wouldn't recommend going with it considering it seems to be stolen. The price isn't that great where you couldn't find a similar deal that was on the up and up. Good luck

7. Spares thread starter macrumors member

Ya I don't need it at all it just seemed like a good deal and it never hurts to have extra computers around.... that makes me a computer geek i suppose. Thanks for the feedback I think i'll avoid it