What is the educational discount process?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brave5213, Feb 15, 2009.

1. brave5213 macrumors regular

Hi;
    I am ESL student in a college, I want to buy a MacBook pro via apple.com. I would like to know, what is the process? They ship my computer to the college? They need my student ID and what else?
    Thanks...

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Order the computer and provide appropriate identification if audited.

3. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

Last year in the canadian store they were asking for your education personal code, but now they're just asking for your school, nothing else. If I can remember rightly, when I ordered mine, I set up an account for the store and never once I've been asked for any information about me being student, just that I said a was from a certain school before going into the student store.

You should first create yourself an account for the store.

Once it's done, logged in and you're ready for ordering go to this page : http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/education_routing?mco=MTIxODk0Nw

They might ask you for some information, like which school you're from, then you'll send to the education store, where there are the discounted prices for student.

4. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

If you buy online, they send you an email asking for a scan or fax of your student ID. So you must have either a student ID or something with your name on it and proof you're enrolled in a school. I'm not sure if both the shipping address and billing address have to be in your name though, but probably at least the shipping address.
    If you buy in the store, just bring the ID or other proof with you.
    Look and see if the bookstore on your campus sells them also.

5. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

I provided a copy of my daughters Tuition bill for University of Portland in response to the email from apple.:cool:

6. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

You also need a Credit Card with a billing address in the US if you buy online afaik.

I would also recommend to check you school's book store first.

7. brave5213 thread starter macrumors regular

Actually i bought a macbook 2 months ago with my student discount. Now I am going to buy second MacBook with student discount , do they check that i already used my discount or not?
    If they say no, can I go with my friend to the apple store and she shows her student ID and i pay with my credit card. Is this possible?

Thanks and sorry for my English :)