What is the exact screen size of this Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macbook14in, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Macbook14in macrumors regular

2. Macbook14in thread starter macrumors regular

Well.. That's only slightly larger than the 11.6" macbook air then.

On another note, can this computer handle Windows running via VMWare smoothly?

3. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

Thinner bezels though, looks so much better when you don't have the thick bezels of MBA.

It should be able handle a Windows VM fine, maybe not too smoothly, but decent enough, it depends on what you'll be doing with the VM though.

4. Macbook14in thread starter macrumors regular

Not much, just Microsoft Word

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Why not use Office for Mac then? The 2011 and prior version were horrible, but the 2016 is actually very decent and the experience is much closer to Office on Windows.

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

1) It's 16:10 so it has more vertical real estate than the 11" Air. We have both and the Air is very cramped vertically in comparison.

2) The retina screen of the rMB allows you to run higher effective resolutions, meaning you can run 1440x900 (or more, if you really want) and it's completely usable. That's the same work area as the 13" Air.

7. Macbook14in thread starter macrumors regular

But in terms of watching YouTube videos, there's not a whole lot of difference is there?

8. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I have run Parallels with Windows 10 since I got my 2015 1.2/512 rMB last April. I have not had any speed issues running most day to day stuff like Office and Outlook and browsers. I mainly use it to configure routers and Windows servers. I will say it gets worse battery time running Parallels (maybe 25% worse) and it gets warmer--never hot, though. I ran both the beta/developer preview of 10 as well as Pro retail. Currently on 64bit Pro Retail. No issues. Screen size is 12"